Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Regarding Cardinals

If a cardinal shows up as your totem, keep these things in mind:

They remind us that regardless of the time
of day or year, we always have opportunity to renew our own
vitality and recognize the importance of our own life roles.

They tell us that that we should be listening to the inner
voice (the feminine) more closely for our own health
and well-being. Since most female birds usually are
quiet and camouflaged,
a cardinal totem almost always
reflects a need to assert the feminine aspects of creativity
and intuition more strongly.

Cardinals can reflect a need to be more careful about your diet,
that what you are eating may be injurious to yourself
and affecting your overall vitality.

They represent a need to reflect upon the rhythm of twelve
that is going to become more prominent within your own life.

They often reflect lessons associated with responsibility
and the recognition of the importance of the task at hand.

If the cardinal is your totem, it may reflect past-life connections
with the church, or even a reviving of more traditional religious
beliefs, regardless of denomination.

When they appear as a totem, they do so to remind us to become
like them. Add color to your life, and remember that everything
you do is of importance.


From Animal-Speak: The Spiritual and Magical Powers of Creatures
Great and Small
Ted Andrews

********************************************

Work to do today. Separate and transplant hostas, finish cleaning up my herb garden, plant a bleeding heart I bought a few days ago (it's so lovely!), clean the kitchen, dining room, living room, and hallway--as in deep clean (yuck--I like a clean house--I just don't like to clean!), take a walk, go to the grocery (after I decide what I want to cook tonight), do another load of laundry, and more things I am sure I am leaving out.

I'll have baby Isaac this weekend while his mommy and daddy take a trip to Nashville for a couples weekend thingee. He's never been away from them all night, but hopefully, he'll do okay. He's the reason I need to get all of the floors swept and mopped--I don't want my little sweetness crawling around in all that Molly, Oreo, & Dante fur and all the dust and tracked-in stuff that I don't think about too awful much on a daily basis because I can't see it. If I was crawling around all the time, by golly, I would know what a mess it is.


Right now, it's time for a cup of coffee. My head hurts (yes, still--not as bad as when it started but it's never left me--gets old!).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My, you're going to have your work cut out for you this weekend. Have fun!

Maggie said...

Yes, I am. He's a darlin but babies are work!

If he just sleeps well, we'll do ok...just hope he isn't inconsolable when he realizes mommy and daddy are not around!

He's crazy about me and has been with me often, but this is the first time he'll be all night without them...