Started my morning with Buckley (which may or may
not show up here, so here's the link) :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHVzztYDIyM
Some sun yesterday but cloudy again this morning.
Finished Memories of My Melancholy Whores and
the Alice Sebold memoir Lucky. I would definitely
recommend both, but Marquez is one of my favorite
writers, so that's not an unusual thing to recommend.
Sebold's memoir is about being raped at the age of 18
on the last day of her freshmen year at Syracuse. Troubling
to read but interesting. Trying to finish
The Volcano Lover--slow start--hard to get into.
Also reading Patricia Neal: An Unquiet Life
Making a trip to Bloomington to see The Chieftains.
Hope that picks me up a bit.
Each day I go to the mailbox and hope for some good news
about another job but nothing so far. I wish I could
just enjoy some down time and know that when the right
thing comes along, I'll know, but there's just not much
around here. I also am not ready to start on my master's
though I know it would help to have it. I'm quite tired
of school at this point.
No comments:
Post a Comment