Saturday, September 13, 2008

6 Unremarkable Things About Me

1. I cannot stand to drink coffee from a Styrofoam cup (it’s the equivalent of the fingernails down the chalkboard or biting into aluminum foil—yucky!)

2. I sleep on my right-side in a fetal position

3. I use Maybelline’s Great Lash mascara (which I started using at age 15)

4. I love to eat leftovers for breakfast

5. Sometimes I smell chrysanthemums for no apparent reason at all

6. I have never dyed my hair (I did spray Sun In on it in the summer of ’71, which turned it orange, but I have never had it dyed or colored or tinted or streaked, etc.)

Ok...I think those meet the criteria for this meme. I don't have 6 blog friends (boo hoo), but I will tag the really good, few blog friends I do have: Talia Karen Jo Bill


**********************************************

Waiting for my daughter & her boyfriend to arrive. We are going
to cook out and have everyone over (mother-in-law, father-in-law
& the rest of the family) tonight. Can't wait to see Lauren, and to
visit with everyone.

7 comments:

LKD said...

Styrofoam makes me shudder. It feels really weird in the mouth.

My mother feels that way about peach fuzz and any texture that feels like peach fuzz. So, she can't eat peaches.

#5 is intriguing. Chrysanthemums. An olfactory hallucination. Can you remember the first time you smelled them? I'm wondering if the scent is linked to a long lost memory.

I've been dying my hair forever. Since I was 19, I think. Everything from platinum to strawberry blonde, to my current rather mature, toned down champagne blonde. A colorist dyed my hair a really rich chestnut brown once and it made me feel so odd. I'm very fair-skinned so I felt like vampira. And once, I accidentally dyed my hair cherry red.

Thanks for playing. I love reading all the responses. Calder has some interesting ones.

What are you cooking out on the grill? The other night while I was exercising, last weekend, I think, I had the sliding glass door wide open and someone was cooking steaks out on the grill and the scent was wafting in while I was sweating away. It was sheer torture. I haven't had a steak in too long. Maybe I'll sink my teeth into one for my birthday.

Jo A. T.B. said...

I use Maybelline's great lengths mascara too Maggie! Lucky you don't have to die your hair! I've been working on a hair dye post. This sounds fun, I'll definitely take you up on the tag! :)

Calder said...

I would have tagged you Maggie if LKD didn't already. I am glad you played.

The styro, I can totally agree, yuck!

I don't die mine either...winks... but maybe have to start that Just For Men stuff someday as the kids are making mine turn grey finally. Well, at least I still have it. Smiles!

Have a good Sunday friend!

Peace and love!

Maggie said...

Deleted my f***ed up comment from last night--tonight's would not be much better, but I am not going to give myself time to make a total ass out of myself.

Have not had power since early this morning. No school here tomorrow. Ike packed a wallop into this part of KY with sustained winds today of 65+ mph...trees down all over the place...it's a mess.


Thanks for the comments, Laurel, Jo and Calder. And if you read the crap I put on here last night, please know I'm not always that ridiculous when I am way far gone...sometimes I'm even more ridiculous.

Jo A. T.B. said...

Hey Maggie,

You musta sent those winds my way, we are having 50 mile an hour winds here. Creating havoc on all our trees and blowin leaves everywhere.

Didn't even catch your last night's comment. The more ridiculous the better, hey may even be inspirational you never know! :)

Calder said...

We got pounded with rain, 5 inches Friday night and Sadurday and another 1.5 inches yesterday. The little creek about 60 feet behind my house is a raging river, flooding over the banks and through the woods and at it's highest last night flooded about 10 feet up into my yard. The house is at the top of an incline so it would have had to rise another 5 to 10 feet to get to it but it's receding now thankfully.

I hope your area gets cleaned up soon and everyone is safe there. Mother nature's way of pruning I guess?

Peace!

Maggie said...

Laurel,

We had grilled burgers and kosher beef hot dogs. I had about 15 folks over so I was trying to be economical. I say go for that steak on your birthday! We grill them out at least once a month, when the budget's not too tight or I get a good deal on them.

I also made potato salad (I make mine with red potatoes, plain yogurt, sour cream, chopped celery, cilantro, scallions, flat leaf Italian parsley, kosher salt & cracked black pepper--I don't like traditional pot. salad), & a black bean salad (black beans, diced roma tomatoes, shoepeg corn, cilantro, pimentos, and a dressing made with the juice of 2 limes, one lemon, cumin, chili powder, kosher salt, & a dash of Sriracha hot sauce) which was quite good.

Maybe one day I'll get daring and dye my hair. I've always been afraid it would damage it and not suit me.


Jo,

We have some roof damage and lots of limbs down, but we're in better shape than many others in town. Some people are still without power. Glad you didn't get a chance to read the comment--I was way past the point of no return. I should have been hauled in for typing while intoxicated!



Calder,

Glad to hear the water is receding. That Ike was something else to impact the weather so far inland.

By the way, I was so sorry to read the news of your neighbor's daughter's death. How terribly tragic. Not much you can do except what you're doing--listening.

I know your heart must be heavy.