Didn't even go near a computer yesterday.
Slept late, had breakfast, went to the post office
to mail my niece a late 16th birthday gift (a cookbook I created
for her--she loves her Auntie M's cooking), loaded up
my recycling and took it to the recycling center (that word
doesn't look right), spent a few hours visiting my father-in-law
at the long term care facility the hospital sent him to (he didn't
do as well as they hoped so he went from rehab floor to
long-term care--not looking like he'll be going home any
time soon), then to Lowe's to get the rest of my tile
for my kitchen countertops and some things my mother
needed, then to Mom's house for a few hours, and then
finally back home. So. I didn't get to my flowers, but it's
raining this morning. A nice steady rain. So needed! I also
didn't get to my homework or laundry, so after I do the crossword
puzzle and read some of the Maria Callas biography I've been
reading (finished Heart of Darkness yesterday--dark, yes),
I will try to get my stats homework done and some laundry
(nothing clean to wear, or I should say nothing clean that I want
to wear or nothing clean that I can fit into at the moment).
Closet full of cool clothes, but the middle-age spread has made
it impossible for me to get into them(maybe it's all the alcohol
I consume on a fairly regular basis).
A poem for today (actually just an excerpt from:
Asphodel, That Greeny Flower
William Carlos Williams
If a man die
it is because death
has first
possessed his imagination.
But if he refuse death--
no greater evil
can befall him
unless it be the death of love
meet him
in full career.
Then indeed
for him
the light has gone out.
But love and the imagination
are of a piece,
swift as the light
to avoid destruction.
So we come to watch time's flight
as we might watch
summer lightning
or fireflies, secure,
by grace of the imagination,
safe in its care.
No comments:
Post a Comment