Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Five or six wild turkeys


crossed in front of me last week.
Can't remember what day but am thinking it was Thursday,
the same day a homeless man lost his life.

The back road I drive to work in the morning runs parallel
to the railroad tracks for roughly 2-3 miles. The same day
I saw the turkeys, a homeless man was killed trying to jump
the train or jump off the train. I can imagine he may have even
been there in the bushes waiting for a train as I was driving to work.

This morning's paper has a picture of him and an article requesting
information. The police have identified him because he was arrested
for trespassing in July, but they can find no one who seems to know
who he is or if the name he gave them was his real name.

The official records have no next of kin listed. The man simply wrote:
"I have nobody."

No comments: