Making it through Sunday
I love Lucinda Williams' work. And I love
that song Sundays. I can't find it on YouTube
or I'd post it.
It does seem like the hardest day to get through
for reasons I don't fully comprehend.
Kept it rather low key today. Got up late, around
9 or so. Couldn't believe I slept that late. Cooked
an omelet for my son and me--a throw bunches of stuff
you like into the mix omelet. It was quite yum. He made
the coffee (which he always does now--he's quite the coffee
connoisseur or snob!) and likes only whole bean, full-bodied coffees.
I bought him some amaretto when I went shopping with
my daughter-in-law last week. I love amaretto coffee!
I bought myself a beautiful bowl--it's a huge salad or vegetable
bowl that matches this set of dishes. My dishes have three
shades of colors--a yellow ochre, like my walls, a reddish-yellow,
and a reddish-orange, so the bowl is just great. I needed new
clothes, but what do I do when I go shopping for the first time
in god only knows how long? I buy a bowl. On sale. 23.00
After that, I read the paper and cleaned the kitchen. I also
actually talked my son into playing a game of Scrabble with
me. We were tearing the board up with words like chair
and fart--I think the closest we got to a word that might
be construed as a decent Scrabble word and play was the word nexus.
Let's just say that it's a good thing neither of us was terribly
concerned about scoring in the 4 or 500s!
***************************
Alone now. Son at work. Hubby racing. Haven't answered my
messages today, though one of them was from someone I really
do want to talk to and have not talked to in some time. Was
jsut drifting when the call came in.
Read some Neruda, Sexton, & Stevens today. Also decided I wanted
to read some plays (have not read any in some time and there
is no theater here on a regular basis and I wish there was as I love
to go). Read Desire Under The Elms and The Cherry Orchard.
Think I'll read 'night, Mother, Spoils of War, & Burn This tonight.
I feel rather comfortably tired today.
4 comments:
Sounds like a good day. I love the dishes...they'd go in my kitchen, too.
I just sent you an email.
Blessins'
I shall go check! I've had you on my mind, Ms. Karen!
Keep your smile handy, use it often Maggie!
My dad used to race and it's in my blood. I love going to the races on Saturday nights, the sounds and smells take me back to a simpler day and time... sigh
Neruda is my first fave and still tops on my list. I could read him every day.
Peace and love!
Calder,
I very much dislike going to the races, so most people question whether my husband really has a wife (a 2nd wife--the car is the 1st at times!).
He's on the NHRA circuit. Super Stock Chevy K (I think). He has the class record, so he's in all the Dragster magazines and stuff like that, but winning class does not equal making money. It's more hobby than anything else.
It's just too hot, loud, and boring for me. I like to see him run, but after he runs, then he tinkers with the car to get ready for the next run and I have nothing to do but be hot, miserable, and ready to go some place quiet!
Post a Comment