Wednesday, January 01, 2020

A new year and a new decade


Well, it's here. 2020.  How can that be?  When I woke up at 4:50, I had all sorts of thoughts running through my head about this new year and new decade, and thoughts about the last 10 years.  I felt like I knew what I wanted to come here and write about, but now that I am here, I just feel tired and unenthusiastic about writing anything.  So, I will simply make a list of goals. I don't know that I'd call them resolutions.

Become less self-absorbed but spend more time on myself
Lose 4-6 pounds per month until I reach a healthy weight
Drink less
Move around more
Read more
Do more crossword puzzles
Watch more birds
Start walking
Renovate my bathroom
Finish the porch renovation
Start keeping a cleaner house
Continue getting rid of unnecessary items, particularly things in the basement
Get basement cleaned and everything off the floors
Bleach the basement floors
Paint the entryway to the basement
Get an estimate on renovating Lauren's bathroom
Get bathroom renovated and put new floors in my bathroom
Get old entertainment cabinet out of the living room
Write in journal no less than 4x per week
Spend less time on social media
Learn to use new camera
Clean out the closet in the study and in Wes's room
Get lights in closets working
Paint wrought iron rails out front
Get a word processor/windows on the computer
Get an iPad or notebook of some kind

That's a lot but in the whole scheme of things, it's really not. Some people could have those things done (on the work list) in less than a month.  But, I am not some people. I am a morbidly obese, depressed woman who feels rather lost and hopeless, so this list is ambitious.  I have to make some positive life changes, and they start with me and my attitude and my well-being.  I can't possibly be my best when I feel bad all of the time, and I feel bad all of the time mostly because I am fat and out of shape, and I drink too much.  I deserve more, and so do my children and grandchildren.

No comments: