Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Yesterday (IF, Day 1)

Yesterday, I did my intermittent fasting and did not have any alcohol. I struggled to fall asleep and tossed and turned all night, but I made it.  I am not craving alcohol (I don't think I am an alcoholic--I just love the way I feel after 2 margaritas).  And, I am not too hungry (last meal was completed at 5:15 last night and it is 9:31 in the morning).

I am trying out the 15/9 instead of the 16/8 IF plan.  My coffee is brewing. 

I don't want to focus on calories nor my food choices at this time.  Most days, I choose fairly healthy foods, but I could stand to incorporate more veggies.  Yesterday I had:

roasted pork tenderloin, a slice of dark rye bread with caraway seeds, a slice of Tillamook cheddar cheese, a bowl of homemade vegetable beef soup with 4 crackers, coffee with cream, 2 square slices of thin crust meat supremo pizza, 2 barbecue chicken wings, and some ranch to dip the wings in.

I love the dark rye and will have more this morning.  I'll have more of the tenderloin.  I want to make an olive oil dipping sauce for the bread, but that will really ramp up the calories. Again, I am wanting to focus on the IF and change in alcohol consumption at this point.  Those would be 2 positive changes.  I can they take a look at incorporating more veggies and fruits.

Picture of the day: Self-portrait with ornament



No comments: